[TenTec] Omni VI plus

dacalvin@us.ibm.com dacalvin@us.ibm.com
Wed, 5 May 1999 12:42:04 -0500

You're right - hadn't thought about switching both modes and RIT together.
Maybe set VFO B for the offset and the other mode and just operate "split".  Set
the RIT to the correct offset on VFO-B, and then just punch the "A=B" button
once you're in QSO.  If needed, you can switch to Split and cut loose on CW.   A
little more setup, but should be possible.
OK on ICOM, but you splashed TT with the same brush.

I used to do a lot of 2m DX/Contest work when I lived in the northeast US.  I
used transverters (Hallicrafters HA2, an old Heath, and a Yaesu).  Most of the
long haul work was done CW back then, with some amount of SSB.  Most current
rigs don't lend themselves to transverter use since we have a proliferation of
VHF and UHF all-mode rigs.  Too bad, because a good converter/transverter setup
with a good HF rig has a lot more to offer on the RX side of the equation.  One
of these days I have to complete my Rochester converter project that has been on
the shelf for years....

     73,  Duane   AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368