[TenTec] Scout frequency jumping, Enough!

Steve Ellington N4LQ n4lq@iglou.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:39:48 -0500

It was typical of one who is consumed with "BRAND LOYALITY" and can't
stand any criticisim about their investment. Virtually every Scout
will jump frequency when keyed over 25wpm. It is nothing to do with
operator error or poor installation. It is caused by a design flaw
which TenTec refuses to acknowledge publicly but will in private. If
in fact TenTec is fixing this problem then let us hear from them
"Scott". Maybe this is like the hidden warranty on autos where the
manufacture only makes repairs on demand.

No, enough is never enough until we either have an answer or a cure.
I'm glad our founding fathers had no such attitude otherwise we would
still be paying tribute to the Queen. Let TenTec owners continue to
voice complaints, offer suggestions for improvements and work together
with the factory to enhance our equipment. Those individuals who are
indifferent to technical weaknesses and offended by negative remarks
about their toys need to be more objective.

Steve N4LQ