[TenTec] beating a dead horse

Kenneth Crips w7itc@hotmail.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 16:30:18 MST

I don't see any constructive ideas here.  Sure the Scout drifts, ok how do
you fix it.  Feel lucky, I pilot 100 plus pound boatanchors it a real space
trip when you have a vfo take-off into the wild blue yonder, ever had a set
of finals go into self oscillation because the transmitter you have didn't
incorporate a clamp tube, wow hit the off switch fast.  Do I like the Scout;
no,  do I like Ten Tec you bet The Omni VI is magical, what do I think the
Scout should be like look at the SGC 2020.  Give Ten Tec credit they stuck
it out.  Gone is Atlas, Swan, Hallicrafters, Drake, Nightkit, Heathkit, etc.
etc.

Kenneth A. Crips
Amateur Radio Station W7ITC
w7itc@hotmail.com

Cheyenne, Wyoming's home of glowing Boatanchor radios, and
Razz, The Irish Terrier, that has a PhD in mooching, who hogs the bed on a
nightly basis, and steals the blankets.