[TenTec] beating a dead horse

Steve Ellington N4LQ n4lq@iglou.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:51:54 -0500

You don't? Here's some that I've seen concerning the jumping scout.
1. A method to disable the microprocessor to eliminate the pto
correction voltage.
2. A method to cut the wire going to the pto from the correction
circuit to prevent the jump.
3. Published specs from the scout manual concerning keying speed and
insertation of pauses to allow the processor time to recover.
4. Reference to a QST article complete with date and page number
concerning frequency stability.
5. Information on attempts to improve stability with added venilation.
6. Reference to power supply voltage, cable connections and other
ideas which could affect performance.
7. Information from W8AU about his experience dealing with TT on his
Scout and how they fixed his.

Now if that wasn't constructive ideas then what is???? Folks, this is
the purpose of this list. Of course there are always the
non-technical, appliance operators dedicated to blind brand loyality
who would defend their rig to the death. Those are the
non-constructive ones.

Yes, I must give TenTec a lot of credit! Being able to survive the
onslaught of imported equipment is amazing in 1999. 73

Steve N4LQ