[TenTec] Terminal Program

ac5aa@juno.com ac5aa@juno.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:50:19 -0600

Bob,
	If you want a multi-protocol program written to work with the KAM, try
XPWare.  He has a free demo that will run for 100 times before it times
out and you have to pay for it.  It will use the dual-port capabilities
of the KAM also.   I didn't bookmark the site, but if you search on
XPWare you'll find it.  If you want logging software that will use the
KAM, DX4WIN works well (but does not support dual-port operation).  For a
freebie terminal program, chick out Hilgreave's HyperTerminal which is
free for download over the web.  It works fine for a standard terminal
program.

	73,  Duane   AC5AA

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:11:24 -0500 Robert Weingaertner
<weingaertner@nac.net> writes:

> Hi gang,
>
> I run a Kantronics KAM (the original with some upgrades) with my
> Paragon I for the digital modes. I've run it with an old PC
> portable (4.9 MHz 8088). Alright laugh, but running YAPP as
> a terminal its adequate.
>
> I also have an IBM Aptiva running Windows 95. Its time to switch
> the KAM over to the new PC. Can anyone recommend a decent terminal
> program that will run in Windows? I tried a couple from the QRZ
> CD ROM but I either can't unzip them or they don't work properly.
>
> OR, should I forget about RTTY, AMTOR and PACTOR and just run CW?
>
> Thanks!
>
> 			Bob WB2VUF
>
> --

Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA