[TenTec] Scout/N9TMU/1.61 now out

Jim Esser jesser@amtelcom.com
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:15:11 -0500

As a person who reads this reflector a lot but doesn't say much I wanted to
weigh in on this subject.

Until recently I had two rigs on my desk  --  a Kenwood TS-820 and an Argosy
II.  The Argosy got the lion's share of the work.  Recently I replaced the
820 with a brand-spanking new IC-706MKII G.  As a technophile the ICOM and
all its fancy stuff is the rig I show off to dazzle visitors to the shack,
but the 17 year-old, 50 watt Argosy still does most of the work.  Its simple
and uncomplaining operation and clear audio that isn't tedious to listen to
makes it a pleasure to use.

So, I spoke my piece for what it's worth

Jim Esser, WD9FRF