[TenTec] Tentec Amps

Chris Robson crobson@erie.net
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:13:46 -0400

As a ham that has bought and sold a number of Ten Tec equipment via this
listserver, I can appreciate the note of confirmation. I have taken
personal checks(prefer cashiers checks) from buyers with no problems, only
after I had regular corrspondence with the buyer and set up all the
arrangements and actually checked their call sign in a data base to see if
their residence as changed recently. I guess I am a trusting soul. In
regards to you plight with the amps, I picked up my Centurion from this
very listserve from a fellow ham near Philadelphia and I drove 7 hours to
pick it up, just so we could close the deal honestly and fairly(I live at
the other end of Pa.!). I paid with a cashiers check. I believe the rating
system that has developed has been very helpful(ie 10 being like new to 1
being a boat anchor). However we need to be honest in our evaluations. Just
remember, we are buying used gear. If someone expects new equipment with no
dust on the knobs or the original plastic wrap, pass along Ten Tec's 800
number, because this person will make your life miserable by purchasing
your well taken care of "used" equipment. I have always made sure that the
person that bought my Ten Tec equipment knew exactly how it was used, I
wouldn't sell something I was not happy with myself. I am proud of the
honorable way we do business with each other here on this listserve, and
for the most part we are selling something we "love" to be cared for by
another.
        Good note Paul.
73, Chris KB3A