[TenTec] Southpaw CW (was Re: Copying CW in your head)

John Dvoracek jdvoracek@vvm.com
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:50:43 -0500

> When I was a novice, I learned to send right handed with a straight
key
> (I'm right handed).  When I moved to a keyer, I taught myself left
handed
> instead of right handed so I could hold a pencil in one hand and send
CW
> with the other.  I don't reverse the paddles, I just slide them over
to the
> left side of the OP desk.  So to me, the thumb is for dah's and the
finger
> is for dits.

Ditto here.  My Elmer was a contester in the days of pencils, erasers,
and dupe sheets, and he convinced me to learn left-handed so I could
keep the pencil in my right hand.  Then he further suggested leaving the
paddles as for a right-hander so I could operate most other stations
which were set up that way.

73, de ke5c, op john