[TenTec] Re: Oh, But I Disagree

Ken & Linda Burrough ne0c@1st.net
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:51:43 -0400

Mike N4NT wrote-----

If we don't use 'reply' then it is difficult to know what the message
pertains to.  Some of us tend to forget things when we sleep.  Often replies
are delayed by several days.  So posting new messages instead of replies
loses the continuity of the thread.

On the other hand, trimming down some of the accumulation of verbiage is OK,
but for posterity, perhaps it ought all be kept.  It doesn't take much
bandwidth or storage space to store a plain text message.

One thing that makes life easier for me is when folks put their email
addresses in their signatures.  Another thing that gives a bit of a hint is
to include callsigns, if they are not apparent from the email address, so we
know who is saying what.

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net

I agree with Mike 100%.  I quit the QRP-L refector because the noise about bandwith started, then "THEY" wanted the orignal posting not to be re-sent and finally, "THEY" wanted all answers made direct.  Questions and problems were posted but soon no answers.  The refector became usless!  I use this refector to learn.

My two cents worth from The Buzzard Roost.

Ken/ne0c
USAF Retired
Flushing, Ohio
ne0c@1st.net