[TenTec] OMNI-VI Plus features lost from OMNI-V?

Pete K4LDR k4ldr@hitter.net
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:52:03 -0400

Ahoy Ten-Tecers:

Contesting has many points; all gud for the participants.  Not any gud
for the non-participants.
To me it is the gud old competitive effort and a therapy that helps my
maintain my motor skills
that are used when performing multiple tasks using Morse.  I am
getting older and I find that
contesting helps exercise my mind.    If u waste time viewing TV
sports, u understand
competitiveness.   I presume that the large number of contest signals
on the amateur bands
hinder or prevent you from doing the public service communications
work, like ARES, that we
all should do to justify our privelige of being granted an amateur
license.

Oh yes, there is a certain gratification of working all 50 states in
24 hours opr less - as in ARRL
Sweepstakes - or a hundred countries in a weekend on 40 meters.  All
with a couple of wire
antennas and a hundred watts.

73  Pete K4LDR  Citrus County, FL on the Gulf of Mex
Past ARES EC
Half baked contester and DXer
and an enjoyer of amateur radio for only 43 years

===================================
Carl Hyde  W2CSH typed:

Lets talk about contesters. Hmmmm they sit at a radio
and call cq, exchange call letters and a signal report
and go on to the next cq.  Whats the point? That isn't
communications its headhunting. Personally I wouldn't
give a hoot in hell what any contester thought about
anything! All they do is ruin the bands for a whole
weekend that I could be using to carry on intelligent
conversations.  When they start giving cash prizes for
contests then maybe it will mean something. Hi Hi