[TenTec] Corsair comments

wb2vuf wb2vuf@qsl.net
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 22:22:27 -0400

Yes, the Corsair AGC is an audio derived "hang" AGC. It works fine but
being audio derived and after the nothc filter, the attack time slow.
The cure is to put on the attenuator and/or back off on the RF gain
until the signal reads about half acale on the S meter.

Another idea is to make an audio limiter to go inline with the
headphones. They use a couple of 1.5 V batteries, apot, and back to back
diodes. You can find the schematic in older editions of the Radio
Amateurs Handbook

Old fashioned 600 or 2000 ohm magnetic headphones do not tend to pop,
but they cut off the circulation to your ears. Life is full of
tradeoffs!

			73, Bob WB2VUF