[TenTec] Omni VI TXCO and Logic Board Updates

David Hammond dhhdeh@concentric.net
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:12:19 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I have a four year old Omni VI Upgrade 3.

Has anyone had the factory replace the Crystal Oven on the Logic Board with
the now standard TXCO?
If so has any improvement been noted? The 10 MHz adjustment on the board is
very finicky with the older trimmer across the crystal oven.

My Omni also uses logic chip version 1.02.  Are more recent upgrades
available and advisable to install?

Finally has anyone substituted ceramic trimmers in the BFO circuit for the
stock trimmers?  I am trying to achieve better BFO stability as well.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

73 de N1LQ-Dave