[TenTec] TT Scout on batteries?

Bwana Bob wb2vuf@qsl.net
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:10:41 -0500

Another possible source of voltage drop is the connector to the
regulator IC. It is a push-on type that slides onto the pins of the
regulator, which is bolted to the chassis. Since the pins of the LM2940
are tinned, this junction could oxidize. I painted a little Deoxit on
the pins of the LM2940 but a better solution might be to solder the
leads directly to the pins. Anyone who has stability problems with a
Scout might check the connector for looseness or poor contact.

The Scout power cord uses a spring type fuse holder with a glass (AG)
type cartridge fuse. Changing to a blade type in a better holder seems
to be a good idea.

				73,   Bob WB2VUF