[TenTec] 3rd Party Omni-6 Firmware?

Richard B Drake rbdrake@erols.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:54:30 -0500

As far as a transmit indicator is concerned, what's the matter
with the meter set on FWD power?

If you are talking about keying PTT via the RS-232 port, that
feature is present, see "Set/Clear Transmit Mode" on page 5-11 of
the manual for details. If you are talking about CW keying, forget
it, RS-232 at any speed is not fast enough to do that. You need to
use one of the hand shaking lines (DTR or RTS) through a simple
keying circuit on a separate serial port to the key jack to do
that. I doubt if you can use the ones on the rig control port
because I imagine (not sure) that they are already being used as
RS-232 hand shake lines.

Thus, I see no reason for the modifications you suggest.

---
73, Rich - W3ZJ