[TenTec] 3rd Party Omni-6 Firmware?

dbudd w5ben@arrl.net
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:14:10 -0500

Bob, K4TAX, said:

"I use the NR function most of
if not all of the time on SSB."

Interesting. In my Omni VI +3 the NR degrades the audio in
SSB (not that I work SSB all that much!). I usually turn it
off.  I use it nearly all the time with the digital modes,
which I work almost exclusively.

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tentec@contesting.com
[mailto:owner-tentec@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 10:05 AM
To: Eric Rosenberg
Cc: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 3rd Party Omni-6 Firmware?

Eric and all:

While I've read the other comments and etc., I'd like to see
the NR
function remain in memory as other modes.  I use the NR
function most of
if not all of the time on SSB.  When the radio is turned off
and then
turned back on, all other modes and functions remain as I
left
them........ except for the NR function.

73
Bob K4TAX

Eric Rosenberg wrote:

> While I thoroughly enjoy my Omni-6 Plus, there are some
missing
> features in the firmware that would make it even better.
While I
> haven't spoken with them on the subject, it appears that
Ten Tec
> doesn't seem inclined to make any changes.
>
> Has anyone considered re-working the firmware a la Jack
Ghiel for the
> Omni-6 Plus?
>
> The two features I would like to see added: visual
indication of
> transmitting (Ghiel added a  "star" on the display), and
the ability to

http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/tentec