[TenTec] Re: Omni6+Strange Fault?

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:59:00 -0500

Denis, I fear that you have experienced the dreaded "PLL losing lock"
disease that seems to afflict some Omni 6's as they age.  The same thing
happened to me a year ago and I received several emails from others having
the same problem.  Per the advice of the factory, I sent the rig back there
for servicing and they fixed the problem.

Here's the messages that I posted to the reflector back then:

Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 receive quirk
From: N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 13:18:39 -0800 (PST)

My Omni 6 (opt 3) receiver has decided to inject a
short little blip into the received signal every few
seconds, like clockwork.  Hear it on cw or ssb.

The very approximate timing of the blips are as
follows:
10 blips in 8 sec  28Mhz
5 in 17 sec  14Mhz
10 in 17 sec   7Mhz
5 in 17 sec  3.5Mhz
1 in 15 sec 1.8Mhz

Wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this or
can shed light on this intruder?

Tnx & 73,
Barry  N1EU