[TenTec] Zero beat?

Al Williams alwilliams@olywa.net
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:49:25 -0800

I am not sure that I understand this subject correctly--i.e.
is the main frequency off or the rit/xit off?  On my year-
old Omni6+, with the rit/xit off I have to tune about 30 hz
above what others say the frequency is.  That sort of
annoys me because the rig costs twice as much as
my kenwood ts440 and Icom706 which I havent
noticed has the problem--but my ear hasn't been as
critical.

But the main reason for this posting is that I heard
in a 75 fone group discussion one who said that
TenTec rigs were notorious for being off frequency!

If this can be corrected somewhat easily, how to do
so and why isnt it set at the factory?

k7puc
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Delker <k1ky@bellsouth.net>
To: Bill Hawkins <w5ec@knology.net>; tentec@contesting.com
<tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sunday, February 20, 2000 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zero beat?

Interesting subject Bill!  I noticed that on RIT my offset required is
about +.04, but on XIT it seems to be different.  I'm sure there are
separate adjustments for this and they are prone to drift after
manufacture.

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
A.R.R.L. District Emergency Coordinator - Tennessee District #4