[TenTec] Zero beat?

Steve Ellington N4LQ@iglou.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:01:13 -0500

Steve
N4LQ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
To: "Tom Delker" <k1ky@bellsouth.net>; "Bill Hawkins" <w5ec@knology.net>;
<tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2000 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zero beat?

I am not sure that I understand this subject correctly--i.e.
is the main frequency off or the rit/xit off?  On my year-
old Omni6+, with the rit/xit off I have to tune about 30 hz
above what others say the frequency is.  That sort of
annoys me because the rig costs twice as much as
my kenwood ts440 and Icom706 which I havent
noticed has the problem--but my ear hasn't been as
critical.

But the main reason for this posting is that I heard
in a 75 fone group discussion one who said that
TenTec rigs were notorious for being off frequency!

If this can be corrected somewhat easily, how to do
so and why isnt it set at the factory?

k7puc