[TenTec] Omni C AGC problem after mod.

K & H Darwin darwin@together.net
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:52:01 -0500

I modified the AGC circuit in my Omni C to speed up the AGC on RX.  I
replaced the 4.7 uF cap with a 1 uF.  I then wired another 3.3 uF cap in
parallel through the Fast / Slow switch.  The mod works well, giving me
both normal (slow) and fast AGC responses.

But now my QSK is messed up.  When in Fast mode, the receiver takes a long
time to recover after transmitting.  So between dits and dahs, the receiver
is on but the sensitivity is greatly reduced, nullifying the QSK.  When I
switch to Slow the receiver recovers quickly between code elements and QSK
works as it should.

Any ideas??

Keith Darwin
KD1E