[TenTec] Corsair II vs. Digital Trition 544

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:59:34 -1000

Aloha,

I have an opportunity to pick up a Corsair II in very great
condition.  However,  I have a Triton 544.  I know the rigs
are separated by a few years,  plus the Corsair I.

However,  I do not know the features/performance differences
between these two Ten Tec rigs.  Would I notice some
benefit to selling the earlier rig and buying the Corsair II.
Both SSB and CW are modes most used here.  My 544
and the available Corsair II both have the external VFO
providing "split"  DX operation,  nice!

Any comparative comments would be appreciated.  The
Unofficial Ten Tec Site seems to be gone.

73,  Jim,  KH7M