[TenTec] OMNI-5 Problem

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 12:57:57 EDT

Could be rf getting in Lee.  Suggest you remove all cables connected to the
Omni V that aren't essential and then try 160M xmsn with a dummy load and
also into the dipole with reduced power out and see if it still hangs in
transmit.

Your shack just might be very live with rf on 160m, especially if transmit
antenna is nearby.

If reducing power or the dummy load cures the hanging, you can try adding
some ferrite to the Omni V cables, but it might be hard to exorcise the rf
demons if you're on the second floor and the dipole is nearby.

GL,
Barry  N1EU