[TenTec] 'New' Triton IV / 540 questions/comments

Caitlyn M. Martin caitlyn@netferrets.net
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 17:23:40 -0500

Hi, John,

I can't help with your Triton questions, since I've never owned one, but...

> 4th: Not a question - I stumbled across this mail reflector by accident, but I
> really like what I've found.  This is a nice resource for TT info & tips; and
> the attitude displayed is refreshing, compared to the newsgroups. I'm not sure
> how much I can contribute to the group.

I have to agree wholeheartedly.  With the exception of one individual, I have
received nothing but support and help.  As a woman in a male dominated hobby, I've
gotten some sexist comments on newsgroups.  That has never, ever happened here.
When I was putting together my Argosy station I got lots of excellent advice and
help.

I've just arranged to buy a new-for-me Delta II (model 536), power supply, and
computer interface, and I expect that I know exactly where to turn if and when
I have questions....  Right here!

> Still getting used to a full-break-in
> CW rig - but it's a nice change from the other radios I've used.

I'm not much of a CW operator, but even for what little I do, I really do
appreciate that feature.  It is really nice to be able to hear "in between".

Oh, and all that help you got from Ten Tec service...  would a JA radio company
help with a 21 year old radio, or would they just say "it's too old"?  Service has
to be one of Ten Tec's best selling points, as we were reminded in a recent thread.

Anyway, welcome to the Ten Tec reflector!  Make yourself at home.

73,
Caity
KU4QD