[TenTec] Hercules II update

K2ZF@aol.com K2ZF@aol.com
Tue, 9 May 2000 20:27:59 EDT

I called Paul at Ten Tec and he connected me with a real helpful guy. He said
that there is more than 1 relay in the Hercules II and anyone of them could
be the culprit. Here is what I did that corrected the problem, by accident I
may ad.
I turned on the Omni 6 plus, the receiver was working properly. I then
powered up the Hercules II and the receiver muted as soon as I turned on the
amplifier. This is the problem that I have been incountering recently. With
both amp and Omni 6 on, I disconnected the key in and key out cables on the
rear of the amp, the center pin of one of the cables touched the amps chassis
and amazingly the receiver came back to life and the problem disappeared
completely. Now the Omni 6 plus works properly when I turn on the amp. Maybe
someone can explain what happened here ? But the problem is fixed, I am a
happy camper again.
Thanks to all that came to my aid, 73 de Jim   K2ZF