[TenTec] RIGBLASTER & The Omni 6+

JDuffy@aol.com JDuffy@aol.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 15:17:40 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/00 12:49:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nw4p@martha.xtn.net writes:

<< Tentec@contesting.com >>

I got the Rigblaster and could not get it to work with my Omni 6+.  However,
I was trying to use it in VOX mode as my serial port is already tied up with
a packet connection.

What I did instead was connect a foot switch to the PTT connection.  The
sound card is input to the rig's audio in and the audio out on the rig is
input to the mike connection on the sound card.  When the PTT is switched to
xmit, no audio from the mic goes to the rig so it works great.  Should have
done this in the beginning.  I saved $75 bucks and the footswitch comes from
rat shack.  Just had to switch it to an RCA connector for the Omni.

Regards,

Duffy - WB8NUT