[TenTec] Corsair II keyer problem

Avila, Edward EAvila@caiso.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:06:20 -0800

Peter I just spoke this morning by telephone to a Ten Tec service guy about
an issue with my Scout and the noise blanker....he was very patient and
listened to my story then took quite a bit of time suggesting ways to test
the blanker....in fact, I was getting a bit embarrassed about taking so much
of his time!

I thanked him profusely and armed with lots of ideas will try and figure out
what's going on with my rig....a long while back I too sent them an email
and it took about a week for them to reply, but on the phone you will have
their complete attention and, in the case of my Corsair II, they sent extra
replacement parts free to fix a problem with my agreement I would send back
what I didn't need and pay for the stuff I did keep! honestly.....I have
never heard of this kind of customer service from a Japanese firm....or,
most American companies for that matter!!

So...Peter, give them a call and you'll get answers immediately!

gud luck 73....ed

-----Original Message-----
From: peter barville [mailto:peter@barville.freeserve.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 12:05 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II keyer problem

Many thanks to those who kindly replied to my original posting about the
problem I am experiencing with my Corsair's internal keyer.

Yes, I have tried re-seating the chip, and yes the dash contact of the
paddle *is* grounding pin 19 of the chip.

I am very disappointed not to have (so far) received any reply from Ten
Tec, but maybe I used the incorrect email address.  The only one I had
to hand was 'sales@tentec.com', but I would have thought they would have
transferred it locally if it went to the wrong people. Is there a better
email address for the techie (pardon the pun!) people?

I have had one suggestion that I should look at the capacitor (2.2uF) on
the reset line, which I've not yet had the chance to do.

Yesterday the keyer was almost fault-less throughout the day (apart from
two occasions when it burst into a string of uncontrollable dashes), but
today the dashes failed twice during qso's - as well as another bout of
'string of dashes'.

Thanks again for your interest and assistance ..
--
72, peter g3xjs