[TenTec] Yay!

Dan tacquire@earthlink.net
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 18:53:58 -0700

    Just made my first contact with my little tentec 1320 qrp rig!!!!  I
realigned it the other day knowing that I must be transmitting off of what my
receive was since I was not making any contacts,,, and sure enough now it's
fixed !  Heard ww7x in tucson arizona at about 6:30 pm pst and gave him a call.
He came right back with a rst of 549 :))  VFO drift was creating a bit of a
problem and each time I adjusted I worried that I'd lose him.  The vfo coil is
sealed in wax but I guess things had to warm up so to speak.  My output was
right at about 2 watts as read on the ohr meter and his output was 90.  He had
no trouble copying.  Sorry all, just had to share my joy a bit :)  Pretty happy
with my 2 watts at a few hundred miles :))  (I'm outside Visalia Ca, south of
Fresno)

73
Dan