[TenTec] Re: [TEN-TEC] Re: [TEN-TEC] Gatlinburg blues ...

Gerald C Totten gctotten@juno.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:58:38 -0400

George,
  I had two identical RS-35 supplies.  I set them (internal pot) to 13.80
with a FLUKE 8060A and connected them in parallel.  They seemed to share
the load just fine.  The HERCULES II has four identical RF amplifiers in
it that are powered by eight separate power leads.  Four red and four
black that come out via the back connector.  The 9420 has four
independent 14 volt power supplies that are connected to the amplifier
modules in the HERCULES II.  This has caused some problems.  If one power
supply fails, only one RF amplifier shuts down.  If you continue to
operate you can burn out parts in the power combiners.  There is really
no way to tell if you have lost one power supply so I know of guys who
have damaged the amplifier due to a bad power supply or connector.

Jerry  K8JRO