[TenTec] Hamfest

Ariel M. Elam k4aal@jackatak.theporch.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:23:43 -0500

Hello to all the List-- I, too, must comment. The fest was great! No
sponsor could have made it any better. Friday night was super. I did get
confused with US441 signs indicating 2 directions North, 180 degrees
apart. Traffic was not good, but this is a tourist area.

We travel in a van, equipped for sleeping, high roof, pull-out double
bed, curtains, grub box, and mobil TR-7. (Omni VI at home) Even we went
to Prudhoe Bay, AK.

East of 66 we found Douglas Dam with a campground below and above the
dam. Quiet and nice,$5.50 for old folks with golden pass, no power.
Power cost a little more if the sites were vacant.

We ate in town, visited Dollywood. OK, I guess.

But again, the fest was great. Ten-Tec knows how to do it.

73, Ariel & Skip, K4AAL & KA4YTS