[TenTec] 'Virtual' serial port

Dan tacquire@earthlink.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:24:05 -0700

This woud not be difficult to do in Visual Basic for example.  You would write a
Serial Port "Server" of sorts on one machine and then write a "Serial Port
Client" for another and just connect to the IP of the server.  You could develop
your own little protocol for sending commands from the client to the server and
vice versa for translating the com port signals.  Would not be overly difficult
I don't think.
Visual Basic's built in com port handling functions are pretty straightforward I
think.

Dan