[TenTec] Omni 6+ phones jack

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:19:49 -0500

> Al Williams wrote about his disappointment with the Omni 6+ manual. These
> are my sentiments exactly. The Omni 6+ manual is poor compared to several
> others I've seen (Yeasu, Icom) and not up to the quality standard set by
> the transciever itself.

Well, I don't need a "Chilton-type" manual to operate the radio.  Certainly,
if I have a problem that causes me to want to dig into it, I know my
capabilities and it would not take much for me to be on the phone to Service
Department and/or UPS.

>To this day I
> still haven't found the mic connector on any of the schematics, etc.,

The mic connector (and other external interfaces) and board interconnects
are all on a page in my manual called "Model 563 Wiring Diagram."

> etc., And I also have a devil of a time trying to figure out the board
> interconnects. Even a simple block diagram would help - but there is
> none.

Have you called Ten-Tec to ask about it and what it's availability may be?

73,
dale, kg5u