[TenTec] Chirpy CW

Alfred L Lorona w6wqc@juno.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:00:20 -0700

Anybody that uses an outboard receiver to listen to their transmitted
signal can try keying on 160 meters and listening to the 16th harmonic on
ten meters. Any chirp on the transmitted signal is magnified l6 times and
is much easier to identify. In other words, a chirp of ten hertz, hard to
hear, will show up as a chirp of 160 hertz, easy to hear. Any
imporvements you attempt will be immediately identifiable as well.

I do this with my Omni six plus and no, I hear no chirp.

73, AL

"Darwin was essentially correct but got it backwards. It is people who
are evolving into monkeys."

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.