[TenTec] rec comparisons.. " least expensive reference"

Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:47:39 -0800

Bill:

You hit the nail on the head!  I built a Heath SB-104A and made it
work.  I had about 60 hrs invested in it.  Factoring in my time at
modest labor rates, it was damn expensive radio. Well over $3000 25
years ago.

Someone said that the Omni VI+ was 2.5 x the cost of the K2.  Without
labor, I'd guess so.  After labor, well the Omni VI+ is a much better
del.

Based on labor inclusive, the K2 is in the price class of the IC-756PRO
and the FT-1000MP.  And it's still a 12 watt radio.

:-)
73
Bob K4TAX