[TenTec] AT-11MP

K2ZF@aol.com K2ZF@aol.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:03:38 EST

Bill_Ames@hyperion.com writes:

<<
 I haven't received it yet, just ordered it a a day ago but I do have a
 question to post. My antenna is an 80MT horizontal loop which I use
 primarily on 3.818 where I record the group there (6 to 8 AM EST) and play
 it back when I commute to and from work. The AT-11MP should allow me (and
 my Scout) to more easily use this antenna on other bands. My main concern
 is that the SWR between the tuner and the antenna (60 or so feet of coax)
 will be high on many bands and the losses will be significant. I am
 considering mounting it at the antenna feed point and wonder if any one has
 done this? Also, any ideas for a better antenna that works best with the
 AT-11MP? Perhaps I could open the 80 MT loop at some carefully selected
 point to enable better operation? Any ideas?

Bill, I use an 80 meter delta loop fed with 450 ohm ladder line. The AT-11MP
works like a charm, I skip around the bands like I never did before.
About mounting the tuner at the feed point, LDG sells a tuner just for that
purpose. It is mounted in a water resistant box. Check the LDG web page and
you will see it advertised there.
73 de Jim  K2ZF