[TenTec] Herc II questions again...

Clark Savage Turner csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:57:34 -0800 (PST)

Forgive me for all the traffic.  Amps are not something I know much about,
so I am a bit insecure :-)

Now, I just experienced the amp shutting down on me twice during an SSB
transmission.  It was on peaks, the amp shut down with no fault
indication, the "overdrive" light was not lit, but the bandpass filter LED
went out totally, and the amp would not come back up for a minute or so,
even though I power cycled it a couple of times.

I do not have my charger running on the battery, would my voltage
dropping down under 12 volts on peaks produce this effect?

Clark
WA3JPG