[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

Sherrill WATKINS SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:04:52 -0500

Jim:  It appears that you may have misinterpreted my point.  However , I agree with your statement that for any given feed line; the higher the vswr the higher the loss.    However, the question is how MUCH power is lost in the transmission line because of high vswr?  In open wire line the loss is extremely small and insignificant, at least at hf.  That is why open wire line is used ,to obtain a tremendous bandwidth with insignificant loss.  On the other hand, coax is very lossy when operated into a high vswr and limits one's bandwidth to the vswr bandwidth of the antenna.   This is the basis of what we have been talking about all along.  - 73's- Corn - k4own