[TenTec] Re: TenTec Omni VI/+ Mods?

Clark Savage Turner csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:51:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Jim Lowman wrote:

> DeniGm3skn wrote:
>
> > This rig was sold to me as an "Omni Plus" when I didn't know any better. I
> It's my understanding that an Omni VI that has been upgraded to a Plus is
> electronically identical to a brand new "Plus," assuming that it was an
> "Option 3" upgrade.  I can check with Scott at T-T if you like, or perhaps

Some boards are a little different, there are a few slight differences
in the BFO circuits as I understand, but no real differences in specs.

I don't think there are many "mods" for the rig, you can do some small
improvements in shielding, grounding, audio fidelity, stuff like that,
check the list archives to find them all.

Clark
WA3JPG