[TenTec] Need Help - Omni C, IF for Transverter Operation

Mark Toussaint n1mt@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:20:57 -0700 (PDT)

I need some help.

I picked up an excellent Omni C and want to interface
my Downeast Microwave Transverter for 50mhz operation.
 The rig offers a separate rx ant connection and T/R
switching at the rear of the rig which makes those
interface points easy. Now the issue, the lowest I can
get the 28mhz transmit power is 10 watts. The
transverter needs 100 to 200 mw of 28mhz drive. Can I
easily by-pass the PA board in the rig and drive the
tranverter from the Low Level Drive board ? If so,
what mod's are needed and is the low level drive in
the range I need (100mw). I don't have tremendous
experience with doing radio mod's but am willing to
give it a try.

Any help and/or suggestions would really be
appreciated.

Mark, N1MT