[TenTec] my omni 6+ and the Pro

BobEZWRITER@aol.com BobEZWRITER@aol.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 07:24:04 EDT

Well, been listening to the debate about the Pro vs. the 6+.  i was going to buy the Pro, but got a used 6+ instead.  not as fancy, but does everything i want on CW.  no real bells and whistles, but with my 250 hz cw filter, i can work everything.  with a dipole at 25' worked all over the world.

a question for u Omni 6+ owners.  Ten Tec i think says the 6+ won't go below 8 watts.  yet on my external watt meter, i can tune it down to nearly 0 watts.  on 1 watt on my ext. watt meter being shown, i've worked Japan on my dipole.

Have any of u folks found u can QRP with the 6+ below 8 watts?

73, Bob, KZ2G