[TenTec] JUNIPER (Jupiter) NEWS.

bill ny9h ny9h@home.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:18:36 -0500

i love my omni6+ ( rev 3 version; my Argonauts 509/515, my herc, auto tuner
, 238 & titan .....
Regarding the gripes,
I don't think the folks at TT think we will pay the extra bucks it costs to :
1. get out the birdies and the lsb wierdness    (Omni series)
2.  make them as rf imune as the competitors Peg &  Jup ( did the kachinas
get wierd around rf ??)
3. make the tuning knobs feel 'better'
  ( I THOUGHT THE IMPROVEMENT FROM OMNI 5 TO 6 WAS MORE THAN ADEQUATE)

MAYBE THIS GUY DOUG WILL BRING A GOOD SOURCE OF FEEDTHRU CAPS, FERRITES
CHOKES AND WHATEVER ELSE IT TAKES TO GET A TT PRODUCT EQUALLY EXCELLENT IN
ALL THEATRES ....AUDIO / DIGITAL /  RF.

I remember about six years ago someone suggesting thet TT was an RF house,
so some audio things slip by... like: O, you can't put the power supply
next to the radio...it  will hum....

I read this week that the birdies are actually fewer on a true 6+, COMPARED
TO A REV 3 VERSION  Any truth to this ?   and did anyone do those mods to
the 6+, other than the author of the mod?

bill