[TenTec] OMNI VI Receive Audio Mod.

Duane A Calvin ac5aa@juno.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:29:40 -0600

Like that old auto mechanic story - "The part cost me 39 cents, but
knowing what part to replace cost you $150!

When mine arrives I'm going to install with the stock 2.4 kHz filters and
I also have the 2nd IF 1.8 kHz filter as well.  I don't want 2.8 kHz
filters in mine since about the only time I'm on SSB is a contest here
and there.  I'll report here how it seems to me once I get it in and
check it out.  (Subjective comments only since I have no measurement
equipment to go further.)

        73,  Duane

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 01:12:33 -0500 Arthur Bernstein <n2ka@optonline.net>
writes:

> Was just wondering. Regarding the audio mod for the OMNI VI from
> International Radio, is the whole mod. "kit" just 3 parts and some
> instructions?
> Also, anyone do it whose VI had the original filters (2.4 khz), not
> the
> IRC's 2.8? If so, what did you notice? Is there any affect on CW,
> that
> is negative? Hard to believe whole kit is only 3 little parts for
> $20.00??
> &3,
> Art, N2KA..
>

> --