[TenTec] OMNI VI Receive Audio Mod.

Richard B Drake rich@w3zj.com
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:51:40 -0500

You know, I don't expect my communications receiver to sound like
my stereo with its 5 channel surround sound and expensive Bose
speakers. I also don't expect to play Beethoven's 5'th on it. What
I do expect it to do is dig intelligible signals out of heavy
noise and interference. I expect to be able to hear QRP signals
from thousands of miles away well enough communicate. The Omni 6+
with the standard 2.4 KHZ, 1.8 KHZ, and DSP filters does that very
very well. On CW the cascaded 250HZ filters will dig an S1 signal
out of a thunder storm. My stereo won't do that!! What it boils
down to is using the right tool for the job at hand. And, by the
way guys, please don't offer to sell me anything that has been
butchered with non factory mods. If it's not a stock radio, I
wouldn't give a plugged nickel for it.

----
73, Rich - W3ZJ