[TenTec] OT - CW keyboards

W B Reese WB6TMY@arrl.net
Tue, 22 May 2001 06:20:13 -0700

Dear Al & the List,

I'm using a Ten-Tec Delta I (580) & am an absolute keyboard addict; I can't
use a keyer & only use my bug for Land Line Morse.  Although it is old, I
use an MFJ-496 stand-alone.  It fits on my lap by the ham rig & has all the
prosigns I ever imagine needing.  If it ever breaks, I will get another or
switch to my computer using the program called "The Mill."  The big
advantage of the Mill is it's ability to generate American Land Line Morse
- so far as I know the only good one in existence.  It would be a great
pleasure to me to retire my bug altogether.  May I recommend you visit:

http://www.net-magic.net/users/w4fok/

The program is free if downloaded off the internet, and is short & sweet.
It's my favorite!

Vy 73,

TR - WB6TMY@arrl.net CFO#1000

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 18:39:59 -0400
From: Al Scanandoah <k2zn@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT - CW keyboards

I know that a significant number of QRQ ops use Ten Tec gear, so this is
at least somewhat relevant...

It's been a few years since I've used a keyboard; what's out there these
days and what are the favorites?

I've heard good things about the K20, but not much about anything else.
My preference would be something that has a knob for speed adjustment,
but isn't absolutely necessary if it's easy to change the speed via the
keyboard.

73 - Al, K2ZN

 W B Reese

 Primary: WB6TMY@arrl.net