[TenTec] Other "Interference"

Mike Brown K9MI k9mi@home.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:51:07 -0500

Being an ex-digital op due to a bum wrist, I am relatively sure the
digitial signals in the cw portion of 40m are probably not from a
domestic station. Of course, I don't know this for a fact, but I
doubt it is.

40 meters at night is such a mess in the 7-7.1 region because the
band is open to many parts of the world at this time, and every
reigon seems to have a different band plan for 7 mhz. I don't know
if they ever will get this straightened out. I have always thought of
this as the "all-mode" portion of the band.

Having played around a bit with PSK 31, I aggree on your statement
that these modes are not bothered by QRM as some others are.

I hadn't heard about "freebanders" being anywhere other then 10
meters. That is scary. I always get bent out of shape when trying to
work a new country on 10m cw when an AM "freebander" finds
his way onto the frequency.

This cb thing is really out of hand. I have a new neighbor who operates
on a legidimate CB channel, but uses an SB 220. He sort of let that cat
out of the bag when he came thru my pc speakers the other night saying,
"ok, I have the sb 220 on now, how's my signal?".....ha

Ok, enough ranting for now...73,  Mike K9MI