[TenTec] Corsair II xmit problem

Dennis Terribile/WR4i wr4i@mindspring.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:05:06 -0400

Hello,
Just started having an intermittent xmit problem with my Corsair II. At
first I thought it was one of the toggle switches or band switch going
south. I jiggled cables,etc nothing. I left the unit on for several hours,
tried it again and Bam..there was my full 100watts! Also, it "seemed" to
received better once I   xmitted. Turned it on this morning, didn't touch
anything after last night's episode, and again..zip. Left it on an hour and
still zip.  Other rigs xmit fine on the antenna so don't think its related
to the antennas. Also I notice I can get about 3~5 watts out if I turn the
power up all the way. Its almost as if the drivers work but not the finals.
I thought at first I had blown the finals but since it came back to life
that's ruled out.
Any suggestions welcome!
73, Dennis WR4i