[TenTec] Corsair II xmit problem

Clark Savage Turner csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dennis!

I have been there myself.  First thing to try, and the usual cure for such
ills, is to get some good DeOxit (I used DN5, as recommended by Ten Tec)
and squirt a little shot into all relays and all connectors, grounds.  I
take the case off and, one by one, remove each board connector, shoot a
very small shot of DeOxit onto the pins, then replace the connector.  I do
them all in the entire rig.  The rig often sounds better in many ways when
I am done, and the treatment can last for years.  The bandswitch deserves
a little shot, too, that's where the DeOxit DN5 (from Caig) is most
important, Ten Tec says it is the only spray that is OK for the
bandswitch, it has a lubricant in it.  The connectors are not as sensitive
to brand, I understand.

Finally, I retighten all ground screws and shoot a little DeOxit into the
SO-239 coax connector and the little antenna receive switch (and move it
back and forth) on the back of the rig.

If that doesn't do it, write back!  Very good luck, sir.

Clark
WA3JPG