[TenTec] Microphones for Ten Tec (Jupiter) Transceivers

Ken & Linda Burrough Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:49:26 -0400

Hi Bill

Over the years, microphones and my Ten-Tec rigs have been the only sore
point I have had.  I will try to list the microphone and rig that worked
best for me.

My Jupiter worked with the 705 or Shure 444.  I like the 444 so that is the
one I used.

My Pegasus, I traded the Jupiter for the Pegasus, works with either the 444
or 705.  Again I like the 444.

My Omni VI Plus works only with the 705.  I have tried the Shure 444, EC
638, Kenwood MC 50, none worked, always got bad audio reports.

My old Triton IV Digital ( I sold it at Sevierville last year, bad move on
my part) worked with the Shure 444, EC 638 or MC 50.  That rig always got
good audio reports.

My Argo 556 works with the 705, I have not tried the other microphones on
it.  The Argo is my QRP CW rig and a great rig.

Good luck finding the microphone that works and you like, it can be almost
as bad as buying the right car.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio