[TenTec] Ten-Tec color changes

RLVZ@aol.com RLVZ@aol.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 19:06:37 EST

Hi Dwayne,

I love the 2 tone grey as on the OMNI V and OMNI VI.  In my opinion, it looks
bright, professional, and does not show the dust and dirt as my 1000-MP does.
   Ten-Tec believes it's "time for a change".  I am afraid that you are
correct in that it is an attempt to "equal" the Japaneese rigs.

73, Dick- K9OM

I'm curious what the feelings/sentiments are/were for
the previous color schemes of Ten Tec rigs?

1. Cream/white? color (early Tritons I - IV, 505/509)?

2. Brushed aluminum (540/544)?

3. Black (the first time with the Omni A/D, 515, and
525)?

4. Dark grey (Corsair)?

5. Two tone grey (Corsair II, Omni V/VII)?

Why does it seem that 5 has become the scheme that so
many have grown so fond of?

Surely there must have been some strong preferences
then too, it’s just that there wasn't an email
reflector to discuss it so broadly then.

For the record I'm less concerned about the actual
color choice of the Orion than I am of a potentially
overzealous attempt to only "equal" the imported
radios in some other ways. No doubt there is some
ground breaking stuff in the Orion, but there could be
more.

Duane
N9DG