[TenTec] JUPITER FIRMWARE 1.17 TX Roll-off

Dudley Hurry jhurry@austin.rr.com
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 15:41:27 -0500

Chris,

The "TX Rolloff" is referring to the bottom side of the TRANSMIT audio on
SSB.  Many (myself included) like just a little range on the lower end of
the audio range so that the audio doesn't sound quite so "pinched" up on
those long QSOs with strong signals.   Rather than have the bottom freqences
start to "roll off" at say 200 to 300 hertz, now we have to option to set
the lower audio rolloff  where we would like it..   Many of us already using
Carl's software to drive the Jupiter have had this option for sometime.
It's nice to be able to do this "stand alone" like many of the Jap. rigs
have been doing for several years, I hope that this speads to the rest of
TT's line!!

I have gotten many "Great Audio" reports stand along much as I have when
running the N4PY software..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ