[TenTec] Corsair II AGC

N1EU n1eu@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:11:27 -0700 (PDT)

K6WRF asks:
"I have a Corsair II that I have had for many years
and the only thing I would like to change is the slow
AGC.Does anyone know if there is a mod to do it"

IMHO, the hang AGC action is the one glaring weakness
of the otherwise outstanding receiver in the Corsair
I/II.  I've yet to find an easy mod that gave
satsifactory results.

What I currently do to aid my Corsair "listening
enjoyment" is to either:

1. turn the af gain up and the rf gain way back to a
minimum level so that the AGC action is much less
obtrusive

OR

2. Turn off the AGC completely in the Corsair and feed
the Corsair audio output through a Timewave DSP599ZX
box and use the Timewave's internal AGC feature

GL/73,
Barry  N1EU