[TenTec] eHam reviews....

Duane A Calvin ac5aa@juno.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:19:43 -0500

C'mon, guys.  I think we all need to slow down and take a deep breath.  I
am a good friend of Phil, NA4M, who is the reviews 'editor' for eham.
Phil does this gratis, and he has already deleted the duplicate reviews.
That said, eham is a place for people to place reviews of equipment -
they post no rules for how this is to be done.  People reading it should
read it just as they would any other "bulletin board" where you don't
know the other person who is writing - use a huge grain of salt.  Agreed,
something is going on with the Jupiter, but part of that is a perception
problem that TT has suffered for some time (lots of hams look for their
rigs to look and feel perfect - even if they don't operate in the same
manner.)  We all like TT, which is why we gather here to 'cuss and
discuss' them.  But a user who tries and returns his Jupiter might write
a scalding review because he didn't like it.  That's fair -we all like
different things.  Phil has attempted to deal with the multiple entry
problem, and while he may not be a TT fan, he's a very fair-minded
person, so I know he'll do what is right in eham.  Trying to drum up an
email campaign here on the reflector is exactly the wrong thing to do.
He can't change people's opinions, nor should he try.  Let's treat eham
reviews for what they are - a collection of opinions, informed or not . .
.

Submitted for your consideration.

        73,  Duane